Our family

Our family

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


I love Independence Day!  I love the parades, the park, the fireworks, but most of all I love the tribute we give to the soldiers, the men & women who have and continue to serve us and preserve our freedoms!  I love when the veterans come down the parade route and everyone stands and cheers for them!  They don't have to hand out candy or anything else like the other floats, the get respect and appreciation for continue to dedicate their lives to this country and all that it stands for and its people!  We went to the Kaysville parade again this year and this time Amanda & the kids made it too!  The kids loved the parade!





Thank you!





After the parade, we witnessed the biggest water fight I have ever seen!  Some of the floats came back down throwing water as well as a fire truck and water truck.  People on both sides of the street were squirting their super-soakers and throwing buckets of water.  Eaen, Maurie & Aleah jumped right in and joined the fight!  It was hilarious!  People put tarps in the bed of their trucks and filled them with water where they filled their guns.  Next year we'll come better prepared!




Before Amanda & I got soaked, we got the kids away and took them to the park.  We all got shaved ice, Eaen got his face painted and the kids went on the slides before we headed home for a nap.



  
It didn't take long for him to pass out!
After his nap, we joined the family at Grandma Winn's house for a BBQ.  Eaen was so tired from the day, he was in bed early, so we didn't go back to watch fireworks.  I was able to watch them across the valley from his bedroom window though.  It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment