Our family

Our family

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Anniversary Tribute

Today is the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11th on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and a plane over Pennsylvania.




It's hard to believe that ten years have passed.  I will never forget that day.  I had just arrived home from the graveyard shift and turned on the TV to see one of the towers in smoke and watch as a plane hit the second tower.  It was with disbelief that I stared wondering what was happening.  As the events of the day unfolded, the world was a somber place.  I was unable to sleep before returning to work that evening.  Ten years later, my heart goes out to the families of the victims and the heroes of that day as well as the weeks, months, and years following as it did on that day.  A lot has gone into the memorials unveiled at the sites of the attacks.  Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment