Our family
Friday, February 10, 2012
Back to the Grind
Today was a full day. I had a lot of work to do to try and get caught up after my week off. I worked on bank reconciliations, grading exams, and studying for my own exams. We were up early and I worked nonstop until it was time to go to VITA. I'm volunteering with VITA again this year through BAP doing tax return preparation. I'll be helping Friday nights and Saturday mornings at our Davis campus. I dropped Eaen off with Jayson at the dealership on my way there. They went and got dinner, cleaned up the backyard, and played while I was gone. When I got home, we took a drive into downtown. I had read they were lighting the Olympic Torch this weekend for the 10th Anniversary of the Olympics and I thought it would be fun to go in and see it. Jayson put Eaen in his pjs and he was out before we got too far down the road. When we got up to the U, much to our disappointment, the torch had no flame. I'm not sure what happened, but we did enjoy the drive and the quiet time in the car together with Eaen asleep. It was good to get out and spend time together when we could have a quiet conversation without a million interruptions. Those moments are far and few between lately, but we are making an effort to work them into our schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment