Our family

Our family

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Family Pride Fire

We found out last night that Jayson's Uncle DJ's boat, Family Pride, caught on fire while it was having some welding done in the dry dock.  Jayson called his mom and she said the fire was pretty bad and the damage was extensive.  They were having the insurance adjust come out today for an estimate.  We got this picture from the Kodiak Daily Mirror's website today.
It's so sad to see such a tragedy.  DJ has put his whole life into this boat and the family business.  The boat belonged to Jayson's grandpa Don until he died.  Our thoughts and prayers are with them.  It makes you grateful for the things we have everyday and take for granted.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks about the boat! I'm sure many great memories on that boat... hopefully the insurance company will take care of the costs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear such bad news. I hope everything works out okay. I'm glad to catch up on your life! Wishing your family the best!

    ReplyDelete