Well, I've known quite a few people who have been blogging for awhile now. I resisted as long as I could, but I have finally given in and decided to join the world of the blogs! So, I'll start with a little background on our family to get us started.
I'm Becky Vinberg. I was born Becky Woodhave and grew up in Centerville, UT. I graduated from Viewmont High School in 1996, received my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice from Southern Utah University in 1998. I worked for the State of Utah Department of Corrections for about 5 yrs. I left UT January 2006 and moved to Anchorage, AK looking for a new adventure and boy did I find one! : )
Jayson Vinberg is my husband. He was born and raised in Kodiak, AK. He grew up commercial fishing on his family boat currently owned by his uncle DJ, Family Pride. Jayson moved to Anchorage in 2006 as well.
Jayson and I started dating the summer of 2007. It was an instant connection and it was rare to see us apart. In September 2007 we decided to get married. Jayson decided to go fishing one last time before the wedding and went back to Kodiak right after Thanksgiving. I went down to visit for two weeks at Christmas, when I finally got my ring.
Being apart was too much for both of us, so Jayson cut the season short and returned to Anchorage in January. I was working as a substitute school teacher and he got a maintenance job with the school district. We were married May 17, 2008 in Bountiful, UT by Bishop Arbuckle at the Wight House Reception Center. It was a beautiful day and we were surrounded by family and friends.
On May 11, 2008, we found out we were expecting a baby. We were so excited to share this news with our family and friends as we celebrated the beginning of the rest of our life! After the wedding, we drove through Canada back to Anchorage. It was the longest 4 days of our lives! Since school was out, I was working at a hotel for the summer and Jayson still worked for the school district. We found a cute 2 bdrm basement apartment to rent just off the lake by the airport. Within a few months, we were both laid off and decided to move to Kodiak near Jayson's family. The job market wasn't any better there, and neither of us wanted him to fish, so September 26, 2008, we made the move to Utah. My brother, Jake, had just moved out of my dad's house into Grandma & Grandpa Woodhave's house and Grandma had just moved into an apartment, so my dad offered to let us live with him until we could get on our feet. The week we moved, my mom's accountant for soccer gave her two weeks notice, and I was able to secure a part-time job. We cashed in all of our savings and started a new adventure.
January 12, 2009, Eaen Tyler Vinberg was born at the LDS Hospital in SLC, UT. After about 26 hrs of labor, he was born by C-Section at 9:01 pm on his original due date. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21 1/4" long. He was perfect in every way. After about 5 days in the hospital, we went home to my dad's.
Jayson continued to look for work and I kept working part-time. March 17, 2009, we decided it was time to have a place of our own and moved into a 2 bdrm apt in Layton, UT. In August 2009, my dad offered Jayson a job working with him installing carpet and vinyl flooring. In October 2009, we took a trip to Anchorage and stayed our old roommate, Danielle. Jayson's dad and Esther were able to come to Anchorage the same week and meet Eaen.
In November 2009, I got on full-time with the US Post Office in their Encoding center. It was grave yard shift, so I went to work while Jayson was home with Eaen. About this same time, Jayson began taking the missionary discussions. He was baptized December 19, 2009. We were so happy! Also in December, we found a new apt in Bountiful close to my family. Our life consisted of working and taking care of Eaen. I was also babysitting our friends new baby 3-4 days/week.
June 2010, we took a road trip to San Andreas, CA to visit/meet Jayson's Grandpa Furio. His dad and Esther met us there and we spent a week with them.
Also in June, I started taking Accounting classes at Weber State University. In August 2010, Jayson finally got a job at a company called Junk, Jr. He was the lead on a crew cleaning up foreclosed properties. After a few months, we decided it wasn't possible for him to stay with that employer. The same week, he obtained a new job with Larry H Miller Bountiful Jeep Chrysler Dodge as a Lot Tech. We were very happy with his new employment as it came with much need health insurance. I was also able to quit my job with the Post Office and focus more on school.
December 2010, we were able to go to Kodiak and surprise everyone for Christmas. We had a great week and all of the relatives were excited to meet Eaen, especially Jayson's mom!
January 12, 2011, on Eaen's 2nd birthday, we were sealed as an eternal family in the Bountiful Temple. It was an amazing experience! We were able to have the missionaries who taught and baptized Jayson attend the temple session and sealing with us. We had a birthday dinner for Eaen at the China Platter after the sealing. It was a wonderful day and we will never forget it!
I finished my leveling classes at Weber and started in the Master's of Taxation program this month. We are reaching our 3 yr Anniversary next week. Boy how our lives have changed in the last 3 years! All for the better! We are still living in Bountiful and hope to move from an apartment to a house this August. We have one dog, Titan. He's just a few months younger than Eaen. We got him in September 2009 and love him! We look forward to the adventures the future holds!
No comments:
Post a Comment