Our family

Our family

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day

Since today is Jayson's only day off during the holiday weekend, we decided to go to the cemeteries today for Memorial Day.  Fortunately, after church it stopped raining and the sun even came out for a little bit.  We went to visit Grandpa Woodhave first.  Between the truck and Grandpa's grave, Eaen was saying "hi" to all of the headstones we passed.  When we got to Grandpa Woodhave's headstone, I told Eaen to say hi to his Great-Grandpa Woodhave.  He bent down and said "Hi Haha.  I wuv you."  Eaen has been calling my dad Haha.  It was very sweet.  Then he wanted to pull the flags out of the ground and march around.  Next, we walked over to the area where my Great-Grandma and Grandpa Woodhave are at in the cemetery.  I told Eaen about his relatives that were buried there: Great-Grandma & Grandpa Woodhave, Uncle Jack and the Burbidges.  Finally, we went to the cemetery where Grandpa Winn is buried and visited his grave too.  We told him how much we miss him.  Eaen was only five months old when he died.  It's hard to believe it will be two years in just a couple of weeks!  I am so grateful for all of my ancestors who have gone before us and created many opportunities available to us today.  We love and miss all of them!  I am especially grateful we are able to live close to their final resting places and have the opportunity to visit them often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment