Our family

Our family

Friday, January 6, 2012

Wisan Smith Racker & Prescott, LLP

Today I had the opportunity to interview for a tax position with the accounting firm Wisan Smith Racker & Prescott, LLP.  They are located in downtown Salt Lake City.  I was there for two hours and had the opportunity to interview with 4 employees at all levels within the firm.  I felt my interview went well.  At the end of all the interviews, the partner pulled me back in his office and told me everyone was very impressed with me.  I was the first interview and they had a couple more people they are going to interview before they make a decision.  He said the only down side is that I'm still in school so I might not be able to work as many hours as someone who has graduated.  I feel like that is part of the disadvantage to applying and interviewing for jobs while I'm in school, but it seems to be the process in the accounting field.  Although after my experience with interviewing and recruiting this year if I had advice to give, I would tell people to plan on graduating in December rather than April so they can start at the beginning of the year and busy season.  That seems to be the trend all of the regional and local firms are going towards as opposed to the national firms who start people in the off season during the fall.  Live and learn.  I just keep reminding myself that The Lord has a plan for me and our family.  If this is the right job for us, I'll get it.  If I don't get it, it wasn't meant to be.  We just have to have faith and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment