Our family
Monday, November 21, 2011
Youth Impact Thanksgiving
Today we had our annual service project for Beta Alpha Psi where we provide and serve Thanksgiving dinner to the children and their parents of the Youth Impact Center in Ogden. This is the second year I have been involved with this event and there is nothing like it! It is a great opportunity to see the difference you can make in people's lives with a relatively small self-less act of kindness. Last year I was able to serve dinner. To see the pure joy on the faces of the children and there parents was priceless! This year, I was able to go up early and help cook and prepare. I helped cook 24 pies as well as corn, gravy, and stuffing before I had to leave for class. After I returned from class, it was time to clean up. We still had kids and parents thanking us on their way out the door. I'm so grateful to be a part of such a great event! They are supposed to be sending us the pictures they took, so hopefully I'll be able to upload some here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You always amaze me with your willingness to find time amidst your busy schedule to help and serve others needing it in the community! You are awesome!
ReplyDelete