Our family

Our family

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Official Offer!


I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the mail this morning and found my official offer from Wisan, Smtih, Racker & Prescott, LLP!  I called Crane Christensen Palmer & Ambrose to notify them of my decision to accept the offer and they asked if I was sure because they were going to offer me the position with their firm this morning.  Gratefully Jayson & I had addressed that in our decision so I already knew my answer.  While I thought they would be a great firm to work for, I felt Wisan Smith Racker & Prescott is going to be a better long-term fit for our family.  After all of the hard work and stressful recruiting process, I am glad to have an offer.  I find it interesting the direction this journey has taken me.  When I started in school, I was firm about doing audit and not tax.  I had no interest in tax what-so-ever!  But the more classes I took, the more it peaked my interest, which took me to the MTax instead of the MAcc.  I was still trying to work in auditing, but after interviewing and being rejected by 8 firms for audit positions and finishing 2/3 of my tax classes, I decided to be open to a career in tax.  I interviewed for 2 tax positions, and essentially recieved two offers.  After all of the advice I had been given by various professionals and educators about how hard it is to find a job in tax and that most tax students end up working in audit because that is where the majority of the jobs are, I couldn't get a job in audit and ended up in tax!  I know The Lord has had a hand in every step of the process and while I didn't always understand it, I know this is going to be best for our little family!  It has been a long hard road, but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Becky!!! Yes I have been following all of the very rigorous interviews to get you this job.. sounds like a very competitive field! I am happy that you received an offer & get to begin a new chapter!

    BTW.. I love Eaen's latest naughty phrases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just catching up on your life. Congratulations on your offer. Such a relief I'm sure. Hope you really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete