Our family

Our family

Monday, October 3, 2011

Long week

Last week was the longest week of my life!  There is nothing worse than the unknown.  Waiting to hear back for second interviews seemed to take an eternity.  I received two emails saying, Thanks, but no thanks.  It gets to be frustrating.  By close of business Friday, I didn't get a single call for a second interview and I knew that all but one of the firms I interviewed with had extended their offers for office interviews.  It was rough.  I've done everything I can to make myself the best candidate possible for the job.  I felt like my interviews went really well.  I even had one partner tell me how amazing I am and that he was going to fight to get me a second interview.  I don't really know what went wrong in my interviews.  In each interview when I was given the opportunity to ask questions, I asked what they felt were key qualifications for auditors.  Each time, the answers the interviewer gave were all qualifications I had mentioned having throughout the interview.  I know it's a tough economy, but I have worked hard to put myself in the best position for employment.  It's hard, but I tried to have faith that the Lord knows what is best for our family and as long as I have done all I can, He will provide a way.  Over the weekend I accepted that maybe public accounting wasn't where I was supposed to be and started to look for other opportunities.  On my way home from class tonight, I received an email inviting me to a second interview at the office of Hansen, Barnett & Maxwell, P.C.!  HBM was one of the firms at the top of my list of places to work!  My interview will be next week at their office where I will have about 2 hours of interviews with their partners and then a group lunch with their staff and the other candidates.  After 7 on-campus interviews, I received one second interview.  We are extremely thankful for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment