Our family
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Charity
A few weeks ago, when I saw a commercial for the Angel Trees, I mentioned to Jayson that we should go do it as a family. After I got sick and we didn't really do much of anything for a week, time seemed to slip away. When I saw the tree at the store and picked the names and got the stuff, I failed to mention to Jayson that I had done it with all we had going on. Today, they had the Christmas lunch at Jayson's work and all the employees were given a gift card to Target. When Jayson told me about it he said, "I've been thinking. We could use the gift card to go buy Christmas for a kid who wouldn't have it." My heart almost stopped. I was so grateful for the charity in his heart. At that moment I felt terrible that I hadn't included him in the Angel Tree shopping. I told him that I had done the Angel Tree and I thought today was the last day to turn things in for it. However, a close friend of mine was going to do Sub-for-Santa for some kids she knew who didn't have much and if he wanted we could use the gift card to help provide Christmas to this family in need. He agreed and I called Lisa to tell her the good news. She also told me of a guy who worked with her husband that gave him $100 today to help these kids when he heard their story and there were several others from his work who wanted to donate. As much as Christmas has become commercial, it is wonderful to see the charity brought out in everyone around you when there are people in need. My favorite thing about Christmas is the opportunity to help bring a smile to faces of children who are less fortunate. Although I don't get to see the joy, I can feel it in my heart. I am truly grateful for all of the wonderful people in our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment