Our family

Our family

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wicked Winds

This morning I got up early to go take my first final.  Everything seemed just fine until I got on the Legacy freeway.  The wind was blowing pretty hard and I felt like I was all over the road.  As I got to Centerville, trucks were pulled over on the side of the road and I could see several semis tipped over on I-15.  I learned the winds were blowing around 90 mph and they had actually closed I-15 NB.  I said a silent pray and did my best to drive safely to school for my exam.  I made it to campus a little early, so I got online and found Davis County was suffering a high wind storm with gusts over 100 mph.  I made it through my final even though the power went out twice and quickly resumed.  After my exam, the wind had kicked up in Layton.  I made it to my car and headed home.  The freeways were like a parking lot and I was worried about making it home.  I took main street, but the power was out most of the drive, which means all the traffic lights were out.  On top of the power outage, there were trees down all over the place and debris flying all around.  At the end of the day, power was out in most of Davis County.  The biggest gust was measured at 102 mph.  People lost trees that were 100 years old, shingles, fences, swing sets, a roof, the list goes on.  It was a disaster area.  My heart goes out to all of those who suffered damage.  Fortunately, none of our family suffered any major damage.  It was so great to see all of the people come together and help those in need.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Line to the Landfill


Weber State University


No comments:

Post a Comment