Our family

Our family

Friday, August 12, 2011

Denver Day 2

Today started early with breakfast at 7 am.  We had several awards ceremonies, keynote speakers and breakout sessions.  They opened the morning sharing some information from our Community Service event yesterday.  We had over 1,200 volunteers and served over 1,000 homeless.  650 people got help with housing, 209 people got IDs, 222 received a haircut, 204 were tested for HIV, 183 were approved for Food Stamps, and more than 3,600 books were given out to families.  I am so glad I was able to participate in this amazing community service event!  With a lot of good information being shared, I met new people, and saw others I met at the Regional Conference in March.  After a day full of good stuff, we finished at 5:45 pm.  I headed out to downtown Denver once again.  I walked down and saw the Capital Building, then found myself some dinner at Maggiano's. 

 

 

Mmmmm
But the highlight of my day came just before lunch.  After our morning sessions, I received a text message.  It said, "Congratulations, your name was drawn as the winner of an Ipad 2.  Please stop by the Becker Professional Education booth or call this number to claim your prize."  I thought it was a joke!  I dialed the number, then saw the lady from Becker with her luggage standing at the bottom of the stairs.  I asked if she was the person I was calling.  She pulled out her phone and saw my number.  She told me Congratulations again and handed me a box with a brand new, still in the shrink wrap Ipad 2.  I couldn't believe it!  There are over 1100 people at our conference.


I sure miss my family!  I can't wait to get home tomorrow to Jayson, Eaen & Titan!

No comments:

Post a Comment